Wednesday, July 26, 2006

SICK OF BEING SICK
Jared was sick for only a few more days. Most of the pain was during the trail and in Cusco so by the time we got to the city he was on his way up. He had no stomach problems really – his appetite and digestion were back to normal within a day or two.

Me on the other hand? Not so lucky.

It took me about a week to feel remotely healthy. I had a nasty cold/cough my first week back. What was worse was my stomach problems. I didn’t eat breakfast or dinner (no appetite to do so) but I forced myself to eat a small lunch. However, whatever I consumed was out of my system within a few hours. It was horrible, just horrible.

I saw our awesome family physician, Dr. Reid, on Tuesday. He told me I had normal traveler’s problems and that stuff should clear out in a couple weeks.

Great.

Every few days, things got better. My appetite slowly returned and instead of being sick within a few hours, it would only happen once every couple days. My cold was gone after a week and a half. It’s been a month and my stomach stuff is pretty much gone. I’m not sick anymore but my body isn’t um, what’s the most appropriate term? Regular. But I feel fine.

No comments: